Monday 20 July 2009

University's Final Step

Dear all,

Friday was the last stage of my University career. It feels great to know I've completed formal education and am now qualified to enter the real world (academically at least). Now I have the certificate to prove it. I do reckon that the certificate should say survivor on it somewhere but I guess humour doesn't have much of a place on a degree certificate. It was a little odd seeing people that I'd been learning, working, laughing, crying and in one case living with over the past 4 years getting dressed up in all the fancy graduation clothing. I remember the first lecture and it doesn't seem that long ago. Still I'm glad to have made it through university, and am looking forward to the life that having the degree has allowed me to have.

I'm now about to embark on the biggest trip of my life so far. Have to say that I've been looking forward to this day for quite some time now. Flying to Uganda tonight with Ben to start on 3 weeks of volunteer work at a vocational school somewhere in the sticks. Following that a 2 week overland tour that will take us from Kampala to Nairobi via various different sites in Uganda and Kenya. Will attempt to update when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment